PTW is a boutique games services company that provides custom solutions worldwide. We believe in accelerating innovation across the globe. We started more than 25 years ago and since then, have grown exponentially year-on-year to who we are today. Our history is in gaming, and we are still gamers at heart. In our time within the games industry, we have worked on over 1,500 titles across all genres and all platforms.
We have grown rapidly over the past few years and now have 16 sites spanning the globe. The PTW umbrella of companies includes SIDE, 1518, OR Esports, and Entalize. SIDE works at the cutting edge of interactive media as a provider of audio services for the global entertainment market. 1518 is known industry wide for world-class art and is also our in-house game and product development studio.
Basically, anywhere in the world, any platform, any genre, we can help come up with a custom solution to make games run better, get to market faster, and enhance the lives of more players.
In summary, we connect and bring fun to the world.
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with Management. This includes file analysis using memoQ, scheduling, quote creation and GM forecasting.
- Liaises with other PTW studios to ensure scoping's go back to the sales team in a timely manner (takes ownership of the negotiations with other PTW studios)
- Create a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the available resources to ensure profitability margins are met.
- Review the project schedule with Management and other staff that will be affected by project activities; revise and update the schedule and resourcing needs as required
- Evaluate project risks and propose mitigation plans
- Maintains a good working relationship with customers
- Establishes and oversees all the operations involved in the smooth and successful completion of each project phase
- Share resource requirements with Senior Project Managers
- Ensure adequate resourcing of the project, including a mix of in-house and in-territory/overseas linguists.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Establish a clear communication workflow with customers and stakeholders to keep them updated on progress and make them aware of any potential risks.
- Be the main point of contact (internally and externally) for designated projects (normally those belonging to the allocated client account)
- Effectively use all forms of communication available (email, skype, phone, etc)
- Keep all records for the project up to date
- Maintains discipline (ensuring that the teams are adhering to the company policies and act appropriately within company premises).
- Proactively manages different personalities (ensure that there are no conflicts inside the teams and deal with arising conflicts appropriately).
- Train new members of staff as required.
- Review the quality of the work on the project on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the required standards.
- Provide support to direct reports to ensure their working conditions are adequate and liaise with other departments to ensure capacity plans are in place
- Takes responsibility for the gross margin of the project and is aware at all times of the projected gross margin.
- Schedules and resources the projects to maximize gross margin without unduly sacrificing quality.
- Have ownership of the invoicing process for the projects, both related to Receivables and Payables.
- Is responsive in email and chat communications, ensuring clarity in all messages sent.
- Build effective relationships with internal teams to aid the growth of the translation business line (LQA, Sales and HR).
- Adhere to company Security, Confidentiality and Health and Safety procedures and ensure the compliance of the team.
- Adhere to the company IT and HR procedures and ensure the compliance of the team.
- Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.Requirements