Voodoo is a tech company that creates mobile games and apps. With 6 billion downloads and over 150 million monthly active users, Voodoo is the #3 mobile publisher worldwide in terms of downloads after Google and Meta.
The company is one of the most impressive examples of hypergrowth in the ecosystem, having raised over $1B and backed by Goldman Sachs, Tencent, and GBL.
Voodoo is now a team of over 750 employees worldwide, we're looking for talented individuals from across the globe to come and entertain the world with us.
Our Gaming team is made up hybrid-casual, casual and mid-core experts. Our 'Core' games team supports internal and external studios worldwide in creating, developing and launching new hit games, whilst our 'Live' games team focuses on delivering higher engagement on our existing and successful games.
Our Core games team is divided into Publishing, Partnership and Internal Studios teams. With over six billion downloads worldwide, we are the largest and most successful mobile gaming publisher in the world. Since the creation of the App Store, only Meta and Google have achieved more downloads, and we are the only European player in the top six.
We are currently seeking to expand our team and are looking for a skilled Game Designer to join our Internal Studio "Redelic Gaming". The ideal candidate will contribute to our operations and bring valuable expertise to the team.
This position is remote.
What will be your main challenges?
To succeed in this role, you will need to have a good understanding of the casual mobile game market. You will support small and high performing teams.
- Identifying and documenting core mobile games concepts and mechanics that can be built into something bigger
- Designing the game toward engagement: level design, in-game progression, economics
- Building games that are modular, versatile and revenue generating
- Exploring new ways to entertain a casual audience with casual/midcore concepts
- Using the extensive game library of Voodoo to understand what motivates a new generation of game player
1. Drive selection of game concepts to support teams transition from pure Hyper Casual to more complex Puzzle mobile games:
- Analyze game play and users behavior through internal and external models and tools
- Deconstruct and analyze mobile games mechanics to come up with relevant and marketable concepts
- Build on yours' or others' ideas and create consistent and comprehensive game designs starting from a core mechanic
- Benchmark the market to stay on top of new trends
2. Support the creation of new Hybrid Casual Games Hits:
- Pitch and implement new game ideas and features to the team, through detailed Game Design Documents
- Design games from A to Z: gameplay, FTUE, levels, environments, reward systems, difficulty, balancing, etc.
- Get involved in all aspects of game development: UI,UX, game design, logic, performance, etc.
- Help fine-tune game balancing, pacing and feeling
3. Support teams production with relevant tools and good ways of working
- Improve the overall design workflow of the studio (building a better pipeline, creating reusable templates, creating procedural level designs, etc)
- Create gameplay prototypes and a database of gameplay concepts that could be used in the future
Benefits : competitive package (according to the country you reside)
Voodoo just won the award for Best Office Space in France